Hey everyone, on today’s show we have Dornubari Vizor, one of the co-founders of LeadQuizzes, a software solution that helps businesses generate leads through fun quizzes and assessments.
In today’s interview, we’ll be talking about how Dornubari’s digital marketing agency evolved into LeadQuizzes, how they acquired their first 100 customers using an early adopter program (and achieved a 25% conversion rate!), and what they did to get one client 100s of leads per month and a 500% conversion rate.
Download podcast transcript [PDF] here: How Startups Can Generate Leads for as Little as $.05 with LeadQuizzes (Transcript)
- [1:20] – Dornubari started working in the digital marketing space before entering the SaaS space.
- [1:33] – LeadQuizzes generates leads through quizzes and assessments.
- [1:47] – It goes beyond regular lead capture and also captures valuable marketing data.
- [3:09] – They outsourced a beta version of the software. It took off, so they decided to focus on it.
- [4:02] – The agency was doing about $70k MRR, but they thought a product that could sale would scale better.
- [4:31] – They had an early adopter program to help them fund the building of the software.
- [5:32] – 60% of their customers are monthly and the rest are annual.
- [6:12] – Nutrition Secrets was converting well with an opt-in program. They built a quiz about nutrition and dieting and their conversion rate jumped up by 500%.
- [7:55] – The quizzes work well on Facebook ads, you get a ton of engagement without a big ad spend (from 5 to 90 cents a lead).
- [8:49] – Health and fitness, personal development, e-commerce, a business that wants brand engagement all do well with LeadQuizzes
- [9:37] – SaaS companies can use LeadQuizzes to get information or marketing survey information to know how to target that lead.
- [10:18] – Segmentation, sorting, and filtering are all based on results and there is integration with apps like Zapier.
- [10:55] – At 600 customers and $100k MRR, they are just getting out of beta right now.
- [11:24] – First 100 customers were pre-orders from their email list of 400, so they had a 25% conversion rate.
- [14:49] – Facebook ads plus LeadQuizzes work great for marketing.
- [15:24] – They have profitable ad campaigns because they sell directly into larger packages and a salesperson follows up.
- [17:59] – Biggest struggle is hiring talented people as they grow.
- [19:58] – Dornubari wishes he would have studied computer science in college.
- [20:53] – Having experienced mentors has really helped the business move and shore the growing process.
Resources from this interview:
- LeadQuizzes Blog
- Nutrition Secrets
- The Sales Acceleration Formula
- [email protected]
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu: