Hey everyone, in today’s episode I share the mic with Ethan Denney, co-founder of ConvertFlow, a new SaaS company that helps business owners convert their website visitors into customers.
Listen as Ethan shares how ConvertFlow converts better than any other conversion tool out there by showing website visitors personalized calls to action (and not the same message over and over), how they acquired their first hundred customers after winning a battle of the apps competition at InfusionSoft’s annual user conference, and how their customers are driving 30-80% conversions on the second conversion.
Download podcast transcript [PDF] here: How ConvertFlow Customers Drive a 30-80% Conversion Rate TRANSCRIPT
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Eric introduces Ethan to the podcast
- 01:26 – ConvertFlow is the new way to convert website visitors into customers
- 01:59 – Build action campaigns into your website
- 02:29 – Trigger “calls to action” based on time or how many pages visited
- 02:35 – How to integrate ConvertFlow with your different marketing tools
- 02:48 – No coding needed
- 03:25 – Set-up takes as little as 5-10 minutes
- 03:58 – ConvertFlow is a traditional SaaS business
- 04:02 – Subscription model
- 04:19 – Subscriptions start at $49/month
- 04:30 – ConvertFlow just passed the 100th customer mark
- 04:55 – How ConvertFlow converts better
- 05:36 – “Don’t show them the same message; show them the next step they need to take”
- 06:01 – Ethan shares about conversions and their examples
- 06:55 – How conversion rates are tracked
- 07:46 – Why Ethan and his co-partner started ConvertFlow
- 08:30 – Clients wanted to show different calls-to-action based on where their customers were in the funnel
- 09:11 – Syncing Drip to ConvertFlow is very easy
- 09:41 – Acquired the first hundred customers from outbound sales and word-of-mouth
- 10:03 – ConvertFlow does webinars
- 10:49 – What’s one big struggle you faced while growing any business? “Balancing working on product and growth…I’m realizing how intertwined these two are together”
- 11:39 – “We’re just careful not to overpromise the features we want to develop”
- 12:06 – The team consists of 3 full time members and a few contractors
- 12:32 – MRR is now past $10K and nearing $20K
- 12:48 – What’s one piece of advice you’d give to your 20-year old self? “Learn and do whatever you need to do as quickly as possible to get to the next stage in your career”
- 13:39 – What’s one tool that you can’t live without? Hotjar
- 14:08 – What’s one must-read book you’d recommend? From Impossible to Inevitable
- 15:20 – Connect with Ethan on ConvertFlow and Twitter
3 Key Points:
- Do NOT show your customers the same message over and over again, show them the NEXT step.
- Building your product and growing your customer base are interdependent—you need to balance your focus and energy into both.
- ConvertFlow can be integrated and is compatible with other tools you are currently using.
Resources from this interview:
- Ethan on Twitter
- Must-read book: From Impossible to Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu: