Hey everyone! Today, I share the mic with Ismael Wrixen, group CEO of FE International, the market leader in the sale of SaaS, e-commerce, and content businesses. Ismael is a returning onto the show to fill us in on recent developments at FE.
Tune in to hear Ismael talk figure jumps in revenue and deals, why the firm prefers using a cash on success pricing strategy over retainers and the quantity ratios and strategy differences between FE’s handing of deals in E-commerce, SaaS, and content spaces respectively.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:41] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [01:06] Updates at FE: SaaS magazine, and figure jumps in revenue and deals.
- [02:53] The service FE offers: to complete business acquisitions in the SaaS space.
- [05:23] Why FE doesn’t use retainers but rather charges clients upon deal success.
- [06:43] Ratios between, and values of, E-commerce, SaaS, and content deals at FE.
- [08:09] Multiples in the SaaS space for FE: 6 x STE forward-looking at the bottom end.
- [10:40] Which SaaS deals do better for FE: B2B and B2SMB.
- [12:50] Details about deal structure and revenue on E-commerce deals FE handles.
- [14:38] How FE uses the LTV SaaS fund to get outsider investors into the SaaS space.
- [16:43] Investor cheque size and reasons to do with M&A that LTV SaaS is a unique fund.
- [18:21] IRR returns fund investors can expect: ones in the 150-300% range.
- [19:55] Thought leadership strategies at FE: SaaS Magazine, conferences, and more.
- [22:51] Why Ismael loves The Goal and also recommends Traction.
- [23:57] Moving from EoS into a framework that is more stable in the long term.
- [24:27] Books to read regarding scalability: Traction, Scaling Up, The 3HAG WAY.
- [25:05] A recent beneficial software decision at FE: integrating into Microsoft Office.
- [26:44] Admiration for Elon Musk’s vision to achieve unreasonable/unbelievable things.
- Resources From The Interview:
- Ismael Wrixen on LinkedIn
- FE International
- SaaS Magazine
- LTV SaaS Fund
- Thomas Smale
- Scaling Up
- 3HAG WAY
- The Phoenix Project
- Elon Musk
- Must read book: The Goal
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.