Hey everyone! Today I share the mic with Jason VandeBoom, founder of ActiveCampaign. ActiveCampaign is a customer experience automation platform that has been around for over 15 years!
Tune in to hear Jason give insight on how to scale a team at a small company, where to find outside funding and how he was able to find the right product-market fit, which led to ActiveCampaign’s long-term success.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:29] The beginnings of ActiveCampaign and its story.
- [01:50] Figuring out product-market fit and success over time.
- [02:30] The pricing model at ActiveCampaign for its users.
- [02:52] An example of how the software can be put to great use!
- [03:41] The customer lifecycle and the focus that ActiveCampaign puts on experience.
- [04:02] Some of the important figures around growth and revenue for the company.
- [04:51] Managing the incline to many hundreds of employees.
- [05:29] Jason’s involvement in founders groups and coaching programs.
- [07:01] Initial resistance to coaching and mentorship.
- [07:49] Jason’s decision to accept outside funding and what led to it.
- [09:15] Scaling and transitioning with a team full of individuals.
- [10:45] The joy of recruiting and building a better and stronger team.
- [12:20] Jason’s best tips for growth; organic advocacy, events, and outreach.
- [14:06] Two tools that Jason and his team have found very useful and valuable.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.