Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:54] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Growth Everywhere Podcast!
- [02:50] Joel’s background is in Mechanical Engineering.
- [03:10] After graduation, he realized traditional engineering jobs weren’t for him.
- [04:45] A coach connected him with a webinar creator who was looking for a phone sales person.
- [06:00] Joel was able to transform this man’s business: he took the business from $1000/week to $14,000/week.
- [07:15] When Joel works with customers, he finds that they need a good onboarding procedure for their software.
- [07:40] The easiest thing is to create a course for people to take in order to understand the software.
- [08:50] It’s worth your while to give the software away for free, but charge for the course in order to get them to use the software.
- [09:30] When done correctly, your course should provide value.
- [11:15] When running ads, you get people hooked by making a big promise.
- [11:45] You then must deliver on said promise.
- [12:05] What you don’t want to do is take everything in your course and condense it: a confused mind doesn’t buy.
- [14:25] You want to build as much good will as you can with customers.
- [15:00] Joel can convert a customer with the information contained in one webinar.
- [15:25] When done correctly, you can covert and educate a cold audience.
- [17:55] Getting a customer to spend time with you is the best way to convert them.
- [20:35] Each person is an expert at something.
- [20:55] Entrepreneurs, in particular, are opportunity seekers.
- [21:15] His Experts Unleashed podcast delves into entrepreneurship and what expertise they have to share.
- [24:02] Joel recommends the tools Zoom (for live webinars), EverWebinar (automated webinars), Demeo, and Easy Webinar.
- [25:00] Joel has created a tool called Slide Cell, which helps people create sales presentations.
- [26:15] Joel recommends the book The No B.S. Guide to Direct Marketing by Dan Kennedy.
Resources from the interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect With Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.