Hey everyone! Today, I share the mic with Liam Boogar-Azoulay, the Head of Marketing at MadKudu, a service that helps companies grow sales by consistently generating relevant conversations with qualified leads.
Tune in to hear Liam discuss how MadKudu uses the past to predict the future, how the business’ success triples each year and how they keep improving upon their business model.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:41] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Growth Everywhere Podcast!
- [01:50] Liam started his career in France.
- [02:20] One of the companies he worked for used MadKudu, and after meeting a member of the MadKudu team, he ended up joining the company.
- [02:50] MadKudu uses the past to predict the future.
- [04:17] They just released a free version for Intercom customers.
- [04:25] In order to build a model to predict future outcomes, you have to have enough history.
- [04:33] There needs to be consistent lead-flow to predict future outcomes.
- [05:35] 1,000 leads per month is the sweet spot for most MadKudu customers.
- [06:00] They price a few different ways.
- [06:03] They price per lead and also price by model.
- [06:43] They grow by triple digits each year.
- [06:55] They are a mid-market and enterprise product.
- [08:50] MadKudu tries to achieve integration with other products in order to create a frictionless buyer journey.
- [11:15] Liam has a complex way to determine conversions that allows SaaS companies to leverage all the e-commerce-tailored features that make Facebook a good platform, but are traditionally difficult for SaaS companies to do.
- [13:10] Liam’s priorities this year are working on co-marketing, content, and community.
- [13:30] There are two additional ways to use Mad Kudu for free:
- [13:37] Zapier has a white label version of MadKudu called “lead score”.
- [13:43] Drift has a similar thing called “Intel”.
- [15:55] One book Liam recommends is Atomic Habits.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect With Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.