Hey everyone! Today, I share the mic with Liam Martin, founder of three companies: Time Doctor, Staff and Running Remote.
Tune in to hear how long you should expect to wait before seeing success from your SEO efforts, how to build a remote team at scale and how Liam is able to balance running his three companies.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:30] Local meet-ups and the importance of in-person events in today’s world.
- [00:40] A little about Liam and his three companies!
- [01:10] The future of remote work and where Liam sees it going.
- [01:45] The global growth and numbers of Time Doctor and Staff.
- [03:20] Liam’s current thoughts and strategies around SEO.
- [04:49] Keyword difficulty measurement and the difference these tools make.
- [05:40] Liam’s budget for SEO at the moment and the returns on this.
- [07:18] Getting traffic first and building outwards from there.
- [07:51] The ins and outs of running two companies and then starting a third.
- [09:02] The ‘secret churn’ that Time Doctor experienced and how Staff solved this.
- [11:55] Some information about Running Remote, Liam’s ‘desert company’.
- [12:52] Company retreats and some of the trips Liam’s team has made.
- [13:21] Building a remote team at scale; the lack of information available on the topic.
- [14:31] Liam’s favorite tool at the moment!
- [15:24] A must-read book selection from our guest!
Resources From The Interview:
- Liam Martin
- Time Doctor
- Running Remote
- Joel Gascoigne
- Cross Over
- Peter Thiel
- Must-read book: Zero to One
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.