Hey everyone! Today, I share the mic with Michael Yan, Co-Founder and CEO of the popular messenger app ManyChat. This is his second time being a guest on Leveling Up! Check out the first episode with him here!
Tune in to hear why Mikael and his team has witnessed incredible growth over a few years, some practical examples of how ManyChat can be successfully incorporated in a funnel plus hear him share some of the growth tactics that they are currently implementing with great success.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:41] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:22] ManyChat’s explosive growth, what their platform offers and the number of customers.
- [00:58] When the company was founded and how messaging apps have infiltrated the market.
- [01:55] The biggest opportunity in marketing in the last ten years.
- [02:27] A few updated numbers, including 800,000 pages connected in over 170 countries.
- [03:37] How the platform has changed and how they want to further develop ManyChat.
- [05:44] Mikael’s journey as CEO, growing as a leader, and where he gets support from.
- [08:21] How using templates is an effective means for companies to adopt chat faster.
- [09:12] Examples of where ManyChat has been successfully incorporated in the funnel.
- [11:05] How a multi-channel strategy is likely to become popular in 2020.
- [12:46] A practical example of how an e-commerce company might use multi-channel.
- [14:23] Thoughts on driving customers from SMS to messenger versus SMS to website directly.
- [15:53] Current strategies for growth, including focusing more on influencers and relationships.
- [16:40] The number of years it took them to get to product-market fit.
- [18:08] The top tool and business book according to Mikael.
Resources From The Interview:
- Mikael Yan on LinkedIn
- Telegram Messenger
- Facebook Messenger
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- Must read book: High Output Management
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.