Hey everyone! Today, I share the mic with Nicolas Vandenberghe, Co-Founder and CEO of Chili Piper! Chili Piper is a SaaS company dedicated to helping users stop the leakage of prospects during the early engagement stage.
Tune in to hear Nicholas reverse-engineered their way into the market, explain what ’ buyer enablement’ is and how he handles his company’s competition.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:11] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:31] Some of Nicholas’ background in tech-entrepreneurship.
- [01:05] Nicholas’ current company, Chili Piper and how the service works.
- [02:24] Chili Piper’s unusual financing history and the different strategies they have employed.
- [04:10] The pricing structure at Chili Piper and how they make money.
- [05:11] Coining the term ‘buyer-enablement’ and some confusion about its usage!
- [07:32] Why the service is applicable to all sizes of business.
- [08:02] How Nicholas and his company cheated their route to finding product market fit.
- [11:17] Some of the things that are contributing positively to Chili Piper’s growth.
- [12:39] How Chili Piper competes with similar, calendar-scheduling tools.
- [12:48] Nicholas’ must-read book recommendations!
- [14:01] A productivity tool that Nicholas created himself to solve his own problem.
- [14:50] Companies and founders that Nicholas follows closely.
Resources From The Interview:
- Chili Piper
- Nicolas Vandenberghe
- Stanford Business School
- Discover the 2 Super Humans who Bootstrapped Chili Piper Past $2M ARR Blogpost
- Must read books: Never Split the Difference and Neuroeconomics
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.