Hey everyone! This week, I share the mic for the second time with with Steli Efti, Founder and CEO of Close, an inside sales CRM.
Tune in to hear to learn the kind of feedback you should be looking for, how to ensure the best product-market fit and how Close relies on content marketing and podcasting to help them grow and be successful.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:41] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:54] Steli’s Greek-German background, moving to the US and what they do at Close.
- [01:36] Making money on a subscription basis and now also offering professional services.
- [02:28] More about his podcast The Startup Chat with Hiten Shah.
- [02:54] How long they’ve been working on Close and why it is better than other CRMs out there.
- [05:10] Why Close was a product-market fit from the get-go.
- [06:08] The early shortcomings with the tool and how the continued to refine it.
- [07:50] What customer development entails and why you need committed feedback.
- [09:29] Why product-market fit is not a destination but a moment in time.
- [10:22] How content marketing is helping Close to grow and be successful.
- [11:53] The benefits of partnerships to broaden your customer base.
- [12:56] Steli’s experience of podcasting, their unique format and what it means for business.
- [15:32] How the podcast audience differs from the audience of other media.
- [17:01] The traits and habits you need to apply to be a good podcaster.
- [18:01] Why mindfulness and meditation apps like Headspace and Brain.fm are super helpful.
Resources From The Interview:
- Steli Efti on LinkedIn
- Steli Eft on Twitter
- The Startup Chat
- Hiten Shah
- The Mom Test
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Must-read book: Wherever You Go, There You Are
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.