Hey everyone! Today, I share the mic with Sydney Sloan, the CMO at SalesLoft. SalesLoft is a sales engagement platform.
Tune in to hear the factors that have contributed to SalesLoft’s speedy growth, how to make sure you’re recruiting the right people at the right time and how the $55M company structures their pricing model.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:40] The evolution of SalesLoft over the last few years.
- [01:39] How the sales engagement tool works and the personas the company serves.
- [03:41] The pricing model at SalesLoft and how they bring in their money.
- [04:19] An update on the current funding and growth status of the company.
- [04:57] Sydney’s role as a remote executive and the work that goes into relationship building.
- [06:52] The two facets that are currently contributing to SalesLoft’s growth.
- [08:57] Sydney’s entry into the SaaS world and her first role back in 2011.
- [10:21] The right time to hire a CMO and focus on big hires.
- [12:10] How Sydney’s understands her own, specific role as a CMO at SalesLoft.
- [13:03] The question of recruiting great marketers; primarily utilizing networks.
- [14:49] Sydney’s favorite recent tool for managing her daughters’ busy sports schedules!
- [16:55] A favorite business book selection from Sydney!
Resources From The Interview:
- Sydney Sloan
- Kyle Porter
- Must read book: How to Win Friends and Influence People
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.