Today on Leveling Up we are joined by the CEO of BELAY, Tricia Sciortino! BELAY is a virtual staffing solutions company that provides clients with the assistance they need in order to grow. Tricia was recently promoted to the role of CEO after 9 years in the COO position at the company, having been the first employee of BELAY in 2010! We talk about working remotely and the benefits this has offered BELAY’s clients and, indeed, BELAY themselves. Tricia talks about what an exciting journey it has been watching her company and the industry in general grow over the last decade. She shares about how BELAY offers a solution to the problem of finding great employees and partners and the ways in which BELAY goes above and beyond some of their competitors. Tune in get it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [01:05] Tricia’s work history leading up to and during her employment at Belay.
- [03:35] The difference between BELAY and other virtual assistant services.
- [06:29] The rigorous vetting system that BELAY employs with candidates.
- [07:09] How BELAY makes money and gets customers started on their service.
- [08:10] Assistant buy-out and full-time employment of a BELAY candidate.
- [08:48] Growth rates at BELAY and their standing in relation to similar companies.
- [10:01] The roster and range of services that are offered through BELAY.
- [10:20] Lead sources at BELAY; referrals, advertising partnerships and sponsorships.
- [11:30] Important lessons that Tricia has learned in the assistant space.
- [13:42] Tricia’s own practices with her assistant and benefits of constant communication.
- [14:54] A favorite business book selection from Tricia!
- [15:10] A great growth-tool recommendation from our guest.
- [15:31] Who Tricia is currently following and inspired by!
Resources From The Interview:
- Tricia Sciortino on Instagram
- Bryan Miles
- The 4-hour Workweek
- Must read book: The Founder’s Mentality
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.