Hey everyone! In today’s episode, I share the mic with Tyson Quick, the CEO of Instapage, which turns your ad clicks into conversions by providing an end-to-end solution for optimizing post click experiences at scale.
Tune in to hear Tyson discuss how Instapage was founded based off a common problem they faced, how the company figured out how to improve ad conversion rates and why serving to a larger market might benefit your company.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:41] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Growth Everywhere Podcast!
- [01:45] Almost 7 years ago, when Tyson was working at another company, they ran a digital ad campaign when they were kicking off.
- [02:10] What they found was that their conversions were low.
- [02:35] So they spent time building more unique, relevant pages and saw their conversions increase.
- [03:00] They figured building out a solution to this conversion problem would be more lucrative than what they were currently working on.
- [05:25] When they pivoted, Tyson told investors that they discovered a more obvious product and business model that would serve a larger market.
- [06:47] Instapage charges monthly or annually.
- [06:56] One model is self-service and the other is model is enterprise.
- [07:30] They manage to increase conversions significantly for their clients.
- [10:00] Experimentation is an important part of informing your results.
- [11:10] Unique content is more important than custom design.
- [14:55] Instapage is planning on releasing more products in the coming months.
- [15:25] The company is valued at over 9 figures.
- [17:45] Bootstrapping proved difficult and was a big challenge.
- [19:30] They hired their VP’s when they were still bootstrapping.
- [20:57] One tool that Tyson thinks has added value to their product organization is Product Board.
- [24:07] One must-read book that Tyson recommends is The Sales Acceleration Formula.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect With Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.