Hey everyone, in today’s episode I share the mic with Yuri Elkaim, a nutrition, fitness, and fat loss expert, as well as a New York Times bestselling author who makes fit and healthy simple again with clear, science-backed advice.
In this interview we talk about how Yuri took his business from $6K to multiple 7 figures in revenue, the secret to getting 50% opt-in rates for some of his content (which is unheard of in the blogging world!), and how spending more time building customer relationships drives conversions way up.
Download podcast transcript [PDF] here: Bestselling Author Yuri Elkaim On How His Fitness & Nutrition Videos Got 22.5M Views on YouTube TRANSCRIPT
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:30 – Yuri was an active kid who wanted to be a soccer player
- 01:39 – He had health issues in his teenage years which lead him to his path now
- 02:05 – Yuri went back to school for holistic nutrition and then started Healthpreneur to help others
- 03:20 – His business is doing 7-figures in revenue now
- 04:06 – Monetization for the past few years came from content, joint ventures, and Facebook ads
- 04:37 – Yuri shares about their new process—“Teach to sell”: if you can provide answers to people for free, you can build trust with them
- 05:29 – Content is really important in a business
- 05:46 – An example of Yuri’s sales funnel
- 06:39 – Match your message to the market
- 08:06 – People often misunderstand what a sales funnel is—it’s a process
- 08:18 – There is a 6-step customer journey
- 08:58 – “Think about how you can spend time cultivating a relationship with people”
- 10:06 – Yuri shares another example on a funnel
- 10:44 – Take people to what Yuri calls the “customer success path”
- 11:41 – Know your marketplace
- 12:08 – What are the KPIs or numbers you use to evaluate what you do?
- 12:35 – Split testing to maximize opt-in conversion rates
- 13:08 – Cost per lead
- 13:46 – The drop off with videos 1, 2 and 3
- 14:48 – Eric recommends checking out Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula
- 15:41 – Have an NBO (no brainer offer)
- 17:18 – Offer something that is highly desired
- 18:18 – Yuri has a marketing person that takes care of their Facebook ads
- 19:23 – It’s not about how little you spend to acquire leads, it’s about how much you are able to spend
- 19:56 – Yuri uses Google Docs for his business
- 20:30 – Trello is used for their VAs
- 20:41 – Their funnels are either with LeadPages, ClickFunnels, or custom built on WordPress
- 20:54 – Google Analytics is used for split testing
- 21:13 – What’s one big struggle you faced while growing your business? “The biggest struggle was not knowing what to do initially and taking advice from everybody”
- 22:06 – Yuri shares the whole notion of “Ready, Fire, Aim”
- 22:23 – Yuri created an idea filter
- 24:13 – What kind of masterminds do you recommend? Joe Polish’s 25K, Strategic Coach, Bedros Keulian
- 24:25 – All masterminds have their own benefits and their own cons
- 25:28 – Yuri left these masterminds because the value for him decreased overtime
- 26:37 – What’s one piece of advice would you give to your 25-year old self? “Focus on one thing”
- 27:43 – Surround yourself with people who can run the process
- 29:22 – What’s one big change you’ve made in the last year that impacted your business in a big way? “The use of webinars have been huge”
- 31:00 – Have more marketing assets around a product
- 31:49 – What’s one must-read book do you recommend? Zero to One
- 32:11 – Connect with Yuri on his website, on Facebook and on Healthpreneur
3 Key Points:
- Give VALUE to your audience through GREAT content.
- A sales funnel is simply a process that serves as a bridge linking people to what they want.
- Place your customers on the “customer success path” to win that sale.
Resources From This Interview:
- Yuri’s website
- The All-Day Fat-Burning Diet by Yuri Elkaiim
- Yuri on Facebook
- Must-read book: Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
- Masterminds Yuri recommends: Joe Polish’s 25K, Strategic Coach, Bedros Keulian
- Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula
- Jeff Walker’s YouTube channel
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu: