Welcome to another episode of Growth Bites. Today we’ll talk about six marketing extensions for Google Chrome that I like to use – but if you don’t use Chrome, there’s a good chance that there’s a version available for your browser of choice.
- SEOquake for Chrome: If I’m looking at a website, this tells me how many links it has based on Open Site Explorer from Moz and Majestic SEO. It also looks at the number of indexed pages, Alexa for the specific URL’s page rank, and SEMrush stats. It pulls data from so many sources, including QuantCast and Compete because it understands that no one tool is 100% accurate, so it gives you a happy medium to look at. [01:25]
- Buffer: For social sharing, I prefer to just read an article and share it directly rather than going back into whatever dashboard I’m using. It also had robust analytics, account sharing, scheduling. It’s a clean interface that helps me look at social media with a more analytical mindset and see which posts are performing the best. [02:36]
- Majestic SEO: This extension looks at a website and tells me how many links were acquired over time and includes info on the link quality, anchor text and other useful data. It gives you a history of the last 12 months, and how many links are going to root domains, sub domains, etc. [03:35]
- Moz: When I do a Google search for a specific website, I can see the page authority, the domain authority (their version of page rank), social shares, and the ability to dive deeper into the data and what it means by exporting the data for analysis, but you do need a paid account. [04:26]
- Evernote: I use Evernote for everything – if I read something good and evergreen online, I use the Evernote Web Clipper, which saves me a lot of time. I use Evernote for to-dos, planning, marketing, and everything in general. [05:30]
- Scraper: If I have a list of 100 sites on one page, ideally I wouldn’t have to enter them in one-by-one if I want to build a content marketing outreach list. I can right-click and it will export 1 to 100 to a Google Doc, which makes my life way easier. You can get creative with Scraper with Import.io. [06:15]
Selected Links from this Episode:
- SEOquake for Chrome
- Majestic SEO
- Evernote for Chrome
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.