Hello and welcome to another edition of Growth Bites. Today we’re going to talk about why and how you should create an ideal client profile. Whether you’re in the service business or have a product, you need to know who your target audience is, rather than going the “easy” route of targeting everyone. This should even happen before you do any prospecting, sales or marketing.
- Your client profile needs to be 100% defined, otherwise you’ll be shooting all over the place and your team will be unorganized. [01:55]
- It gets demotivating when your conversion rates are low and you feel like you can’t reach your goals. [02:04]
- I give an example of Single Grain’s ideal client profile. [02:14]
- You can set an annual revenue requirement. [02:33]
- We set a requirement for a nicely designed website and blog. [02:39]
- In conversation, you have to decide if they’ll be pleasant to work with. [03:25]
- The evaluations for service & product customers are different. For example, with products you normally don’t have to deal with people directly, so some of the extra evaluations aren’t necessary. [03:40]
- In services, you want to avoid clients who are prone to scope creep. [04:19]
- With a client profile in place, you can laser-target your prospects in both advertising and sales. [04:34]
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.