Hello and welcome to another episode of Growth Bites. Today we’ll talk about how you can reoptimize your unopened emails. Whatever email service your using: Aweber, MailChimp, or another, you should be able to target your audience by getting specific and searching for people who haven’t opened your messages.
- Everyone’s heard about A/B testing and how important it is, but it’s also important to look at your past emails and see who didn’t open your emails and what you can do about it. [01:31]
- This is like another level of testing, but it’s very easy to do. When you go into your email service, look at one of your past emails, and search for users who didn’t open it. You can segment these people out into another list and send out a new email to them with a new subject line and see what the results are. [01:50]
- If the rates from this test are higher than the first email, assess what you did differently: adding a number, adding time-bound language, etc. and make a note of it. [03:03]
- Keep running these tests every two weeks or every month to see what really resonates with your audience. [03:20]
- Another tip is to figure out what the optimum open times are for your audience. [03:32]
- To figure out what that timing is, broadcast all seven days of the week, all hours of the day. You never know if your audience is mostly engaged on Sundays, or at 5 am – it’s very likely that it will go against the advice you read on the internet. [04:14]
Resources from this Episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.