Most of the time, we’re always trying to think of great headlines because they’re what drive traffic. Until now I haven’t found a really good solution to help split test your headlines in WordPress, but I was searching around for a plugin and I came across Winnr.
- To find Winnr, go to Headlinr.com/winnr. [01:02]
- Winnr lets you test multiple headlines at once. All you have to do is click on “Use Winnr” when you’re editing your headline in WordPress, and you can add different headlines and schedule the post as normal. [01:12]
- Winnr has its own analytics dashboard that shows you which titles are doing the best, driving the most clicks. etc. You can see over time how you should optimize your headlines and what types of headlines your audience likes the most. It has a more data-driven approach than other hacked-together solutions out there. [01:24]
- Winnr costs $67 for the professional edition, which I think is a good deal when you’re getting thousands of visits per month. A/B testing your headlines will make a big difference in traffic across the board. Good headlines can sometimes drive 20x more traffic than bad headlines. [02:00]
I’m going to tell you how you can AB test your headlines in WordPress.
A lot of times when we’re always trying to think of great headlines because we know that it’s, first of all people see the headlines and that’s what’s going to drive a lot of the traffic and the headlines makes a world of difference. Up to know I haven’t seen a really good solution for AB testing headlines that makes it super easy like, I was looking for a plug-in to do it. I was just surfing around and I stumbled across this thing called Winnr, and its spelled W-I-N-N-R, so it’s basically winner without the “E”. To find it you go to headlinr (and its headlinr without the ‘e’) .com/winnr and we’ll leave this in the show notes. But, basically what I found was that, Winnr allows you to test multiple – all you need to do is click ‘use Winnr’ when you’re editing a Post in Word Press, and then you can add different headlines and then you just schedule the post. And then what will happen is Winnr will have its own analytic stash, for that will show you, which titles are doing the best, which ones are driving the most clicks and you could see overtime how you should be optimizing your headlines, what type of headlines is your audience actually responding to and has a much more data driven approach to it than any others could’ve hacked together solutions out there.
Winnr is what I recommend, check it out. I have no affiliation to them. I did pay, let’s see how much I pay for this thing, I forgot how much I paid but I’m looking at their pager now and it says $67 for their professional addition and I think that’s great if you’re talking of getting hundreds or thousands of visits a month or millions of visits, you can AB test the headlines. That’s going to make a world of difference in terms of traffic across the board because some headlines can do much, much, much better, 20X more than bad headlines in general.
So check it out and let me know what you think.[/spoiler]
Resources from this episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu:
Disclaimer: As with any digital marketing campaign, your individual results may vary.