Hello everyone, today we have Harry Campbell, creator of The Rideshare Guy blog, an authoritative resource drawn from his own experience to help other drivers.
In today’s interview we’ll be talking about how Harry helps rideshare drivers with everything from getting started, to insurance and taxes, to maximizing profits, as well as how he earns $10,000 per month on driver referrals alone and the secret behind his content strategy that brings in $20,000 a month.
- [3:32] – With ½ million page views, the blog generates about $10,000 a month in lead generation revenue from Uber, Lyft, Postmates and DoorDash. Plus another $5,000 – $10,000 from products and affiliates.
- [6:02] – Harry used a grass roots approach to grow the blog, including Facebook, forums, and answering driver’s one on one questions.
- [7:41] Harry had a super scrappy mentality. He was passionate about it and willing to put in the work. He found drivers on Facebook groups, Reddit, and a ridesharing forum. He would answer questions and occasionally sneak in a link to avoid being overly spammy.
- [12:18] – His content creation strategy was to pick a consistent schedule. At first he published three articles a week, now it’s four articles a week, two YouTube videos a week, and a podcast every other week. His articles are in the 1,000-2,000 word range, and he pays $75 to $100 an article.
- [19:31] A unique source of revenue that Harry created is an insurance marketplace for rideshare drivers. It’s a resource that lists companies and agents that offer rideshare insurance. He plans to add additional resources in the future.
Download podcast transcript [PDF] here: The Secret Behind The Rideshare Guy’s Content Strategy That Gets Him 500K Page Views Per Month TRANSCRIPT
Resources from this interview:
- The Rideshare Guy
- Harry’s Rideshare Guy Podcast
- Maximum Ridesharing Profits video course
- Twitter – @TheRideShareGuy
- One must-read book: The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It byMichael E. Gerber
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu: